Friday, December 12, 2008

Green Eggs & Ham


Every Wednesday Jeff has game night. Twice a month the guys gather at our house to play, and since I like to cook I usually make dinner for them.


With Christmas approaching I really wasn't in the mood to go crazy & wanted to make something simple. Jeff & I discussed it Tuesday night, and on Wednesday he called me at work and said how about having ham? Then he reminded me about the ton of eggs we had in the fridge that were getting close to their expiration date and we decided we'd make breakfast for dinner. I couldn't see his face but I knew what look he had on it when he said how about biscuts, ham and eggs......green eggs. WHAT??? Green eggs & ham?


So this past Wednesday I was about to scramble the eggs and was thinking about forgetting the green part because I wasn't 100% sold on it, but I looked over at the friends at the table, and thought "Yeah they all have a bizarre sense of humor (especially Adam) they probably would get a kick out of it" So the food coloring went into the mixture, and we had green eggs. Well the guys did think it was funny and ate the eggs, and Marcia laughed when she got home and saw them. I had to tell her the idea was her son's.


I chose not to look at the eggs while I ate them because it was so strange. They weren't too bad. At least the ham wasn't green. Sorry I didn't think to take a picture of it because Ghost Hunters was about to start and I didn't want to miss it.

3 comments:

Judi said...

That sounds like they really enjoyed the green eggs and ham... I would not be able to look at it either. I think my kids would get a kick out of that but probably would not eat it. Last night I made dinner with the muticolored bow tie pasta and they would not eat the green ones. have a good one

Unknown said...

Anyone who was in the military during the 80's and 90's has eaten green eggs. The container they used then (maybe still do, I dunno) turned the eggs green, so during my 6 years Active, I've had green eggs & ham more times than I can count. I think I would have gotten a kick out of it.

Jennifer said...

Are you ever going to update your blog?? Since I am stuck at home I have been watching and waiting for an update. Can I have one now please????