Saturday, November 8, 2008

Okay, okay I'll start a blog. Are you happy now?

Since the friends and some family have been bugging me I have started a blog. Now what to write .......................... hmmmmmmmmm ............ write .............. hummmmmm ..... la la la ......... hmmmm ......... I need some egg nog. Yeah egg nog......... Is it too early to to start decorating for Christmas????

That reminds me. I have a tendency to be a holiday freak. I love to decorate for holidays, so much that some of my family thought it was getting out of hand. My father finally decreed that I could not decorate for a holiday until the month the holiday is in has begun. I would like to know what is wrong with beginning to decorate for Christmas in July???? Since my father's decree is family law I wait. (sort of) I will be decorating for Christmas the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I just bought some really cute light up snowmen for the outside decorations.

Oh yeah since I am going on about family law I was also banned from hanging up cobwebs. You 'd think I committed a homicide from the yelling I got from my father & brother. It's not my fault I'm 5'8 & they are 6'4 & they would run face first into the cobwebs. Did they think to buy me a ladder so I could hang the cobwebs higher? Nooooo. Just the yelling & the cobweb ban. Why don't we just cancel Halloween altogether. (sheesh Philistines)

Well now that I have gotten all that out of my system. What to write......nope nothing coming to me. I'll try again tomorrow.

6 comments:

ybanezfam said...

I just took down Halloween stuff today and I am totally ready to decorate for Christmas!!! Maybe we could just wrap the palm trees now but not actually turn them on until Thanksgiving weekend? Just a thought. Dawn

Wade & Kati Allen said...

I was in Walmart on monday November 3rd Not only were the christmas decorations up....They were playing Christmas music!! When there is a recession Christmas starts the day after Halloween! Start decorating!!!

Judi said...

Yeah! I can finally keep updated on your life. Man! I am not ready for Christmas yet. I have to get thru Thanksgiving. I got all of the fam but my Bros family coming. Fun Fun! and stress stress.

Jennifer said...

Yeah Gretchen, you finally joined the rest of us crazy people and started a blog. Now you can become a blog stalker too!!!!

Teri said...

Uhm, I've already brought out the Christmas stuff and am staging it in the basement...Tom says I need a support group or a 12-Step Program. It truly is a sickness!!! -Gidget

gretchkin said...

Can any 12 step program really cure one from a love of holiday decorating?