Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Naked Neighbor

Okay I have had a couple people ask me about the naked neighbor from a previous post, so here is the story:

We were living on West Harrison in the beautiful city of San Buenaventura California in a condo/town house complex. If you have ever been in one of those complexes you know how close the houses are to one another. In this particular housing tract the windows to the front of our house lined up with the front windows of the neighbors who were directly across from us.

It was toward the end of my senior year of high school. On a beautiful spring/summer morning I had woken up a little early, and had gone in to my mom's room to talk to her. Since it was such a beautiful morning mom had opened the curtains & window in her room, and the one in the hallway. We talked for a bit while she was getting ready for work. When I left her room to get ready for school I just happened to look out the hallway window and there was the neighbor with his curtains open standing in his bathroom shaving, totally naked. I think a horrified shriek came out of my mouth as I turned around and dashed back into my mom's room. She gave me this weird look, and when I was able to choke out what was wrong she immediately went to the hallway window to check it out. I think she started laughing, and said the neighbor had a nice looking backside. It was funny and weird to be standing at the hallway window with my mom who was gawking at the naked neighbor. I don't think he ever knew we saw him, but who really knows? I can tell you if gave us great amusement for a couple of weeks afterward. I think it is important to tell you that we only saw the back of the naked neighbor.

3 comments:

Judi said...

that is a really funny story. thanks for sharing

Jennifer said...

So my dear Gretchen, do you always make it a habit to watch your neighbors? It's a good thing Jeff was never standing in his room naked, because we should have shared that story with everyone by now!! Just kidding, but still I know you like to watch the neighbors.

gretchkin said...

Hey now, I wasn't watching the neighbor, I was walking by the window, I wasn't looking for naked neighbors. With Jeff I was trying a mind meld (Muwahahahaha!!!!)